Sunday, October 9, 2016

I'm not strong enough

"You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it."

This used to be one of my favorite quotes. After all, who doesn't love being told that they are strong enough to take on whatever comes their way? In a way, the quote motivated me to be strong and keep fighting.

But it also discouraged me from seeking help when I needed it most. I believed I was supposed to be strong on my own and capable of handling anything that came my way.

That simply isn't true.

I cannot handle this life on my own. Left to my own devices, I would have ended this mess a long time ago. But the people in my life who love me most were able to pull me to my feet and help me regain my footing. I'm so thankful for their guidance and love as I stumbled through the hardest times of my life.

Chances are, you've run into some really tough things in your life and maybe you felt like you were all alone. I'm so sorry if you haven't had anyone to stand by you. However, I want to encourage you to reach out for help. Even if the worst parts of your storm are over, it's okay to ask for help cleaning up the wreckage. Find a support group, church, trusted friend, or counselor (or all!) to talk to and remember: you're never really alone.

Those who stood by me taught me that asking for help doesn't make you weak. It makes you human. I am human. I'm not ashamed to say I cannot stand alone.


Love,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment