Wednesday, November 9, 2016

black lives matter

I am a feminist. I understand that for many, this equates to man-hating. By definition, it is fighting for equality. I am quite used to people disagreeing with me on the basis that feminism has come to equal hate. I don't even disagree with them, although I try to respectfully educate them.

This is how I feel about the Black Lives Matter movement. I agree with the basis, not what it has come to. If you support it and want to have a logical discussion about it, I am more than willing to talk about it. Really. But the second it becomes about burning buildings and killing others, it has lost my support. Such is the same with any other movement.

I do not support radical feminism because it degrades men. And I do not support BLM because it is often, not always, about degrading whites and police officers. I cannot support a movement which calls for the death of others.

If your BLM is about protecting blacks, count me in.
If it's about killing whites or police officers, or prioritizing blacks over whites, count me out.

It's that simple.

Love,
Hannah
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment