Restaurant review: Itaewon Grill (Korean BBQ)

In the mood to try something new and not in the mood to cook, my partner and I explored town and decided to try Itaewon Grill. We both like Korean food and it was take-out, which was what we were looking for, so we popped in.

Similar to Moe's, Subway, and many others, customers begin at one end of the counter, choosing their base (white rice, brown rice, fried rice, or noodles) and work their way down the line, choosing toppings, sauce, and meat. I chose fried rice, lettuce, spinach, corn, a sweet sesame sauce, and beef bulgogi. The restaurant smelled so good and the bowls were large - I was excited to get home and dig in.




I've had beef bulgogi before, but never like this. The flavors melded together so incredibly well. I can't even explain how delicious it was. It wasn't spicy, which can be an issue for me with Asian foods. The fried rice added a lot of flavor and the sauce brought the other ingredients together. I was sad when I got full because I had half a bowl left and wanted to keep eating. Instead, I put it in the fridge and ate the rest as leftovers. Even warmed up in the microwave, it was still delicious.

The restaurant is currently closed for dine-in due to COVID, but it seems like a fun place to eat in. The menu is written in chalk over the counter and the server was very kind, explaining the process since we told him we had never visited before. It was about the same price as fast food, but my partner and I each got two meals out of our orders so the price-per-meal is very reasonable. We have already made plans to go back.

Where should we explore next? Any foods we should try? Let me know!

Happy eating!
Hannah



Comments

Popular Posts