Restaurant review: Quickly Tea House

My partner introduced me to bubble tea/boba tea earlier this year, and ever since then I have been trying to find a tea house that serves popping boba. I found a place near the apartment and put it on our "to visit" list. I had been feeling a bit like a potato all week, so on Saturday I put on a sundress and makeup and we went out, headed to Quickly Tea House.


The interior is so cute and full of personality. I really hope it opens back up for dine-in soon because I can't wait to go hang out and work while sipping some boba tea.

There were a lot of options on the menu for teas, milk teas, blended drinks, and even snacks like mozzarella sticks! I already knew I wanted strawberry black tea with strawberry popping boba. My partner got blueberry green tea with lychee popping boba. Business was hopping, so we waited a few minutes for our drinks, then scurried away like squirrels with French fries, excited to try our newest discovery.

YUM.


I was too excited to try it, and forgot to take a picture earlier!

I'm not a big tea drinker, and I don't like plain teas at all - I need some sort of berry flavoring to enjoy it and usually end up adding so much sugar it's barely worth making tea but the strawberry black tea from Quickly Tea House just might help me convert to a black tea drinker. The strawberry was strong enough for the drink to not feel like plain tea, but the black tea flavoring came through enough to remind me it was tea and perhaps ease me into less-sugary choices. The popping boba was extremely satisfying and delicious.

The temperature has hovered around 85 degrees during the day and boba tea was just the thing to cool us off. I will absolutely be going back for more and hopefully trying everything on their menu. I'll keep you updated.

Happy drinking!
Hannah


https://www.quicklydurham.com/



Comments

Popular Posts